ICES Calls for submissions to Symposium Issues (SIs)
The International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) and ICES Journal of Marine Science (ICES JMS) strive to advance marine science by publishing Symposium Issues (SIs). SIs are a series of coordinated contributions that were presented at an ICES co-sponsored symposium. These collected articles are introduced by a synthetic overview of the symposium objectives and its outcomes.
ICES now welcomes submission on the following themes:
- Monitoring and assessment of plastic pollution in the Arctic.
- Methodological developments to determine macro, micro and nano plastics.
- Sources and transport of plastic in the Arctic and sub-Arctic.
- Impacts of marine litter in the Arctic (environmental, economic and social).
- Arctic challenges and solutions for improved waste management.
- Tackling plastic pollution: international collaboration, policies, best practices and novel developments from around the world.